Skip to main content

Advice and support to help you with the cost of travelling

Travel support for NHS appointments

You can claim help with travel costs to NHS appointments if you or your partner (including civil partner) receive any of the following benefits:

  • Income Support.
  • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
  • Universal Credit and meet the criteria.

You can also claim for help with travel costs if:

  • You're named on, or entitled to, an NHS tax credit exemption certificate (if you do not have a certificate, you can show your award notice) – you qualify if you get child tax credits, working tax credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less.

  • You have a low income and are named on certificate HC2 (full help) or HC3 (limited help) – you can apply for these certificates through the NHS Low Income Scheme.

Useful services

West Midlands Ambulance Service

Community hospital transport services

West Midlands Bus

West Midlands Travel

Free travel for people with disabilities

NHS concessionary travel on public transport

If you're older or disabled, there are ways to make it easier for you to use public transport or to drive.

Motability scheme

Car and scooter scheme

Blue badge scheme


40 hours free driving lessons for disabled people in receipt of benefits

Bikeability cycle training

Children and young people

Education travel support

We provide education travel support for eligible children and young people up to the age of 25.

Dudley local SEND offer

Further information

Access in Dudley

Inclusivity and access for all

Dudley Community Information Directory

Help for Households

See what support is available to help with the cost of living