Transport disruption can have far-reaching and detrimental impacts upon the way we live and the way we do business
- Extreme weather.
- Fuel spillage.
- Road accidents.
- Strike action
- Physical and psychological casualties.
- Damage to property and infrastructure.
- Delays and disruption to essential services.
- Damage to the economy.
- Disruption for business and tourism.
- Environmental contamination.
- Evacuation and shelter of people affected
What you can do
- Keep an emergency grab bag in case you need to evacuate.
- Keep a car emergency kit in case you are unable to get to shelter.
- Check the radio, internet or television before you travel.
- Have contact numbers for family and friends with you
Use Traffic England to get live traffic information about incidents that are currently causing delays and congestion on major roads managed by Highways England