You need to read and be aware of this privacy notice if you attend an event, meeting, briefing, or training session where we use MS Teams and for when they may be recorded and/or transcribed, using MS365 (or other agreed media platform).
View the Corporate Privacy Notice information for all of Dudley Council’s Services.
Personal information recorded or transcribed in our MS365 Teams environment relates either to directly consenting participants in recorded meetings or to data where the council has an established legal basis for processing.
The categories of personal information held in relation to recordings and transcriptions are for the most part personal information relating to participant identity, possibly including contact information, and their personal contributions to required business processes.
The recording could contain:
• your video stream (including images of yourself) if you choose to enable your video device during the meeting. Anything or anyone else that may be in the background could be recorded; this could mean that if you have your picture or video image on screen or might include whatever you have in the background if you are working from home. You can choose to put up a background in Microsoft Teams meetings to stop any additional pictures of your home being recorded
• your audio stream, if you choose to enable your audio device during the meeting; this could include any opinions you contribute and anything you say about yourself
• chat within the meeting could also be captured in the meeting recording
Therefore, anyone attending the recorded meeting may have aspects of their personal information recorded if they actively participate or not.
Further processing of personal data
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we'll provide you with a new notice.
The new notice will:
• explain this new use before we start the processing
• set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions
Where and whenever necessary, we'll seek your consent to the new processing if we start to use your personal data for a purpose not mentioned in this Privacy Notice.
Your rights relating to personal data
When we collect your personal data we'll tell you how we are going to use it. Where we process your personal data, you have a number of rights under data protection law that are further detailed in the Corporate Privacy Notice.