Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.
The Privacy Notice below explains how the Adult and Community Learning team use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
As a data controller, we must:
- only keep your data that we need to provide services and do what the law says we must
- keep your records safe and accurate
- only keep your data as long as we have to
- collect, store and use your data in a way that does not break any data protection laws.
You can help us to make sure we get things right by:
- telling us when any of your details change
- telling us if any of the information we hold on you is wrong
Personal information is processed in accordance with data protection legislation.
See the Council's Corporate Privacy Notice
What are your rights?
You have the right:
- to ask for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
If we are processing your personal information using your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01384 818143
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by calling 0300 555 8283
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
Last reviewed 31/05/2022