Essential Maintenance

Due to essential maintenance all online forms will be unavailable from 16:00 hours Wednesday 18th September to Thursday 19th September evening. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Welfare benefits information and support is available to people who have had a social care assessment and those who receive support from other agencies.

If you have had a social care assessment

If you or someone you care for is assessed for adult social care support you will be contacted by a Welfare Benefits Officer as part of the social care assessment process. If this doesn’t happen automatically please contact the Access Team.

The Welfare Benefits Officer will:

  • offer a benefits maximisation service to help you claim any benefits you may be entitled to.
  • if appropriate, carry out a financial assessment to work out how much, if anything, you should pay towards the cost of your support. Find out more.

If you haven't had a social care assessment

Vulnerable individuals who have support from other agencies may be able to access benefits advice through their supporting agency.

Please note the Welfare Rights Service does not provide advice about welfare benefits to the general public. If you have not had a social care assessment please visit Benefits Advice.

Training on Welfare Benefits for Organisations

We also provide training about welfare benefits. This training is available to services within Dudley Council and external agencies within the Dudley borough who provide support to vulnerable adults.