Residents of Dudley Borough can dispose of their household waste at the household waste recycling centre (the tip) in Stourbridge.
The Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) booking system for Birmingham Street in Stourbridge has being upgraded & replaced by a real time solution to allow same day access for residents.
Bookings are still be needed for entry onto site, to reduce queues, reduce the risk of COVID infections by distancing and to allow the continual flow of traffic through the facility. Currently over 171,000 bookings have been made since the site reopened on May 11th 2020.
Since keeping the appointment scheme, traffic management around the area has improved, so residents have benefitted from no queues (or at most a couple of minutes), flexibility of access for E-permit holders throughout the week, prevented untaxed vehicles attending site, same day booking and attendance. The Council have also been able to monitor when to increase slots at peak times. You must book to enter site, but remember to cancel when you can’t attend, to allow someone else that availability.
The booking system allows:
- Quicker & simpler booking form
- Bookings to be available on the same day
- Cancellations to become available instantaneously for rebooking
- Edit bookings for car changes
- Incorporation of a permit system for vans, pickups and cars with trailers
- Flexibility for some permitted vehicles to access the site other than Wednesday
- Up to 650 bookings available daily
- Confirmation email with cancellation & calendar function
- Reminder email before appointment
- Permits issued before 6th of October 2021 will be cancelled, and 12 new Permits will be issued on booking
- Access for Hired Vans
- No restriction on number of bookings per week
Household waste recycling centre: response to Covid 19
Visitors must follow the Covid 19 social distancing restrictions when on site premises to help reduce the spread of the virus.
Anyone arriving at the centre without a booking will be turned away, with no exceptions.
Residents, including permit holders and charities can book a slot online or by calling Dudley Council Plus.
Do not leave home and visit the tip if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Coronavirus.
Anchor Lane Tip, Bilston
Please note, from April 1 2021, people in Dudley borough will no longer be able to use the site which is owned and managed by Wolverhampton City Council. People are asked to use Stourbridge instead. Read more about changes at Anchor Lane tip
If you are unable to attend your appointment
The email confirmation, now includes the ability to cancel the booking online. Bookings can be cancelled at any time and the slot instantly becomes available for another residents use. Please check spam or junk folders for this email.
Conditions of Use
A limited number of cars will be allowed on site per hour. Ideally, only one person should attend per vehicle, but two people are permitted if required for unloading due to weight or amount. We need residents to unload as quickly and efficiently as possible to help maintain schedules and reduce potential queuing times. Site operatives may assist with unloading. When you have a scheduled slot, please do not turn up early as the service is operating well and running to schedule – you may be asked to wait until your allotted time.
Visitors should adhere to the following:
- Ask yourself, is this an essential journey, or can waste be stored safely at home for the time being?
- Separate waste before journeying to the site
- Please dispose of your rubbish as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Stay at least 2 metres apart
- No children or pets on site
- Do not socialise with other site users
- Be respectful of site staff and other visitors #bekind
- When you have finished disposing of your waste go straight home
For visitors safety, we also advise the following:
- Do not touch your face
- Use gloves
- Wash your hands when you get home
You can still contact Dudley Council Plus on 0300 555 2345 if you have a query regarding your booking or if you wish to cancel your appointment.
Recycling Centre Information
Summer: 1 April to 30 September:
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 4pm
- Late night week days: 8am to 6pm (from 11th April 2022)
Winter: 1 October to 31 March:
- Daily: 8am to 4pm
The centre is open throughout the year but is closed on the following days:
- 1 January
- 25 December
- 26 December
Birmingham Street (A458) in Stourbridge.
The site is situated through a car park complex approximately 100 metres along the A458 from the Stourbridge Ring Road (DY8 1JE).
To arrange an appointment please contact:
Waste Care - 0300 555 2345
Weekdays - 8:30am to 5:00pm