Help you to find a mutual exchange
If you are in a 3 or 4 bedroom house and are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom house you can join the HomeSwapper and Let's Swap. This is free of charge if you are a DMBC tenant or if you are a Housing Association tenant and your landlord is a member of the scheme.
Preference for rehousing
When you apply for rehousing through the Dudley at Home scheme, we will advise on your options regarding property type, location etc. and we will give you high priority on our waiting list. People who are tenants of a family house in the borough, owned by the Council or a housing association, and who will be moving to a flat or one bedroom bungalow will be placed in Band 1.
Finding a suitable property
If you need help using the Dudley at Home system we will inform you of suitable vacancies and help with expressing interest (bidding) for them.
If you are a DMBC tenant in a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom house we can offer a support package if you are:
- In receipt of state pension (in case of joint tenants both must be in receipt of state pension)
Your current property must be in good condition and your rent account up to date.
Tenants of housing associations within the Dudley borough may also be eligible by arrangement with their landlord.
When you have been offered a suitable property a dedicated officer will contact you to agree an individual assistance plan, depending on what help you think you may need. For example, we can:
- Advise on the disposal of unwanted furniture or possessions
- Arrange removals and help with packing
- Organise disconnection and reconnection of appliances
- Arrange the change of utilities like gas, electric, water
- Liaise with the housing benefit team
- Redirect your mail
- In some circumstances we may also be able to help with some of the costs associated with the move.
Our housing options advisors will be there throughout the process, offering advice and support, dealing with any worries you may have.