Skip to main content

Household support fund

This scheme is to help if you are struggling to pay your bills due to the cost of living increases - Household support fund application.

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

If you obtain a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) issued to your vehicle you must either pay it, or appeal against it. Payment of this PCN must be received within 28 days of the date of issue. If payment is received within 14 days of issue then a reduction as specified on the PCN will be accepted as settlement.

If you receive an PCN the instructions for payment and how to appeal are printed on the reverse of the Notice. Please do not ignore it as we will always pursue all Notices as far as it is able to in law. If you have ignored a PCN and it has already risen to the full amount by the time that we have traced you then it would be extremely unlikely that we would be willing later to accept a lesser payment in full settlement.

We are more likely to take a hard view in respect of motorists that we have had to take the time (and expense) of tracing.  Our policy is to pursue all contraveners that fail to settle a Notice or Appeal promptly, irrespective of whether a person in receipt of a Notice is 'local' or from elsewhere - including all countries with reciprocal legal agreements with the United Kingdom.

For further information please see our FAQs.

Reasonable adjustments