The following conditions form part of the agreement between Dudley Council and any external organisation hiring accommodation at the Halls.
Failure to observe these conditions may lead the Council to require that the hirer or the hirer’s guests leave Hall premises without refund of the hire charge.
- To confirm a booking, a deposit of 50% of the booking cost is required. Full payment should then be received no later than 28 days before the event.
- The Manager may ask for a returnable bond of no less than £250 to be held against any damages sustained as a consequence of the hire. The exact amount will be determined by the Manager and confirmed to you at the time of booking.
- In the event of a cancellation, which at all times should be received in writing, the hirer is liable to pay the following cancellation charges:-
- Up to 90 days notice – loss of deposit
- Up to 28 days notice, 100% of the hire cost
- After 1am of the day of hire, an additional charge is made of £100 per hour.
- The hirer is responsible for all aspects of the hire, supervision and management of the event, including:-
- Safe and orderly vacation of the hall of all guests/ticket holders within the specified hire period.
- Leaving the hall in a clean and safe condition.
- Safe removal of all and any equipment that has been brought in by the hirer.
- All electrical equipment brought onto the premises must have been PAT tested and evidence of such may be requested at any time.
- All soft and alcoholic beverages must be purchased from the Hall’s bars unless written authorisation has been granted to vary this term.
- Hire of kitchens and/or the service of food is dependant upon the persons undertaking such work being able to prove adequate training and competence to do so and can if the Hall Manager requests such, provide evidence of training and understanding of current food hygiene legislation and working practises.
- The technical installation, lighting, sound, control rooms, and all stage equipment is strictly out of bounds to hirers unless otherwise agreed in writing. The Hall Manager will advise you on suitable support and resources available including trained personnel
- Hire of halls on public holidays, Bank Holidays and Christmas Eve are charged at the Sunday rates plus 50%. Charges for the hire of halls on New Years eve are available on request.
- Performing Rights Society fees are the responsibility of the hirer. Accurate information must be received when requested in order to assist the Performing Rights Society in assessing charges. Failure to provide this information will necessitate an estimated account being rendered by the Hall
- Customers are reminded that a full list of the terms and conditions of hire will be sent to them and will form part of the booking contract.
For further information please see Full Conditions and Regulations of Hiring Accommodation.