Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Horse Grazing Land Licence

The council owns a number of sites within the borough, which it lets for horse grazing. Grazing land is only offered on a 364 day licence agreement.

Are there any vacant sites?

There is currently a waiting list for sites. If you wish to be placed on the waiting list please complete the online form at the bottom of this page.

How much does it cost?

The licence fee depends upon the size of the field. Terms of the licence will be discussed when a site is offered. Please see the fee link at the top of the page for further information.

How can I apply?

You can apply by any of the following means:

  • Using our Online Application Form

  • Downloading an application form. You can do this by selecting "No", to the agreement to hold data via the above Online Application Form and you will be able to download a form after this point.

  • Contacting us in writing, telephone or email. Please use the contact forms below to request an application form.

Grazing Sites


Turls Hill Road


Mons Hill Cottages
Parkfield Road
Parkhead Locks
Uplands Road

Lower Gornal

Barrow Hill Road
Guys Lane Site
Gornal Crematorium
Robert Street

Upper Gornal

Eve Lane
Rear of Parkes Hall Primary School


Stourbridge Road


Huntsmill Drive
Huntsmill Farm

Quarry Bank

Dunns Bank
Lodge Farm Field
Mushroom Green
Saltwells Inn
Saltwells Road


Catholic Lane
Cotwall End Valley
Gospel End Road
Larkswood Drive
Sedgley Hall Farm Park
Wolverhampton Road / Gibbons Hill Road
Wolverhampton Road


Wollaston Farm

Fee Information

How do I make a payment?

When payment is due, you will receive an invoice from us.

See fees: 

Horse Grazing Licence

Outdoor Recreation fees

How long will my application take to process?

We aim to process your application as soon as possible. We will confirm that we have received your application. Please contact us if you have any queries using the details below.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us.

Making a complaint

If you feel we have failed to provide you with good service or are concerned about the progress of your application, please contact us and we will endeavour to resolve any concerns you may have. We also have a formal complaints procedure.

Stray and Illegally Kept Horses and Ponies

For a number of years it has been the practice of a minority of equine owners in this Council area to keep their equines on Council owned / controlled property without lawful permission or authority. Those equines have caused problems to local people by depriving them of the use of property and have also been responsible for attacks on the public using the property and have caused a number of serious road traffic accidents.

Further information is available on the Stray and Illegally Kept Horses and Ponies web page.

Complaints and Concerns

We will investigate complaints of poor animal welfare, conditions in a commercial business or if you suspect someone is operating a business without a licence within the Dudley Borough. If you have a general concern about the welfare of an animal, please contact us via the Animal Welfare Advice and Complaints form.

Alternatively you can report the matter directly to the RSPCA.

Useful Links

  • For further information please contacts us.

    General Enquiry

    Telephone 01384 814182