Your information will be shared the following companies in order to process your application:
- Department for Transport (DfT) - the central government directive responsible for the Blue Badge Scheme
- Northgate - the Blue Badge Case Management System, used for securely storing your Personal Data and processing Blue Badge applications
- Valtech - the company managing the Central Blue Badge register called ‘Manage Blue Badges’
- APS Group - the printer and distributor of Blue Badges
- Government Digital Service - used for sending email, SMS notifications and for processing online payments
Information may also be shared with third parties where there is a legal basis to do so – for full details see Dudley Council’s main Privacy Notice.
Sharing data under Data Protection legislation
We may be required or permitted, under data protection legislation, to disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, for example if we have a legal obligation to do so, such as for:
- law enforcement
- fraud investigations
- regulation and licensing
- criminal prosecutions
- court proceedings
We must protect public funds and may use personal data and data-matching techniques to detect and prevent fraud, collect taxes and ensure public money is targeted and spent in the most appropriate and cost-effective way. To do this, your personal data may be shared with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, including the Department for Work and Pensions, HM Revenue and Customs, the Police and other local authorities.