Dudley Borough Council collects, holds and uses a full range of information, including personal information about residents, people it provides services to, and other people such as carers. We do this so we can better understand what you need and how we can effectively meet these needs.
The Council is accountable to its communities and has a duty to the people who we hold information about. We follow strict and distinct rules and have controls in place on how your personal information is used. We must treat your information responsibly, keep it safe and secure, and use it correctly and proportionately. This does include sharing the data you have provided when we are required to do this.
This document is a privacy notice. It explains and is organised around the following aspects: how and why we use any information we collect about you; how we may share your information; how long we keep your information; and your rights.
Your Information Rights
If we are processing your personal information using your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. If you want to remove your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Information Rights are set out under the UK GDPR. Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right:
• to ask for access to information about you that we hold
• to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
• to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
• to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
• to object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
• to have your data transferred to another Authority (data portability)
To exercise any of your rights please contact the Corporate Information Governance Team at email@example.com
Last reviewed 07/06/2022