Skip to main content

Energy Bills rebate

More information on the £150 energy bills rebate

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

Frequently asked questions about hazardous waste and how to dispose of it.

Can I put hazardous waste with my normal rubbish for collection?


Hazardous materials such as paint, oil, pesticides, herbicides, and other chemicals are not normally collected by the refuse collection service.

How do I dispose of hazardous waste?

Hazardous materials that are not normally collected by the refuse collection service can be taken to the council's Household waste recycling centre for disposal.


Special arrangements need to be made for the removal and safe disposal of asbestos waste, residents are strongly advised to contact a member of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association and ask for it to be removed professionally.

In public places

If you find hazardous or toxic waste in public places you should contact us immediately.

Advice to residents about the safe storage of hazardous chemicals

  • Chemicals and hazardous materials should be kept in their original containers
  • Store in a cool, dry place out of reach of children
  • Do not pour hazardous household waste down the sink, drain or toilet
  • Never mix chemicals