Skip to main content

Household support fund

This scheme is to help if you are struggling to pay your bills due to the cost of living increases - Household support fund application.

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

In accordance with the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the Enforcement section can deal with complaints concerning accumulations of refuse within the boundary of residential premises where there is a Public Health nuisance.

This is likely to occur where waste (such as domestic food waste) is present and which is likely to cause nuisance through odour or flies or will attract vermin due to the presence of the waste.

If vermin do enter onto your own property please contact Pest Control.

If it is determined that the accumulation is prejudicial to health or a statutory nuisance exists then an abatement notice will be served on the person responsible for the nuisance (or on the owner or occupier of the premises if the person responsible cannot be identified or found) to remove the waste.

If the abatement notice is not complied with, the council can arrange for the work to be carried out in default of the legal notice. If this occurs the person(s) responsible for the land would be then be charged for the cost of the work and they may also be prosecuted for their failure to comply with the legal notice. Failure to comply with the Abatement Notice is an offence and carries a maximum fine of £5,000 if the property is domestic.