Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Waste Enforcement Fixed Penalty Notices - Appeals and Complaints

You will have received a Fixed Penalty Notice because an Authorised officer of Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council had reason to believe that you have committed an offence, the details of the offence are outlined in the schedule on the Fixed Penalty Notice.

  • There is no appeal process for a Fixed Penalty Notice for littering, dog fouling, fly tipping or any other similar fine. The recipient can choose to contest it by refusing the Fixed Penalty Notice or not paying it and then taking their chance in a Magistrates Court, with all the costs and risks associated with it, should the matter be proven.

    Paying the Fixed Penalty Notice is not an admission of guilt, but it offers an alternative to summons for prosecution, and avoids a criminal record or conviction.

    However, if you wish to informally question the circumstances of a Fixed Penalty Notice, this can be done by writing to:

    • Waste Care, Lister Road Depot, Lister Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 8JW

    We will endeavour to reply to any letters within 14 days. It should be noted that any early payments associated with the Fixed Penalty Notice will no longer apply in these circumstances.

  • If you do not request that the matter be heard by a court then you must pay your fine within the 14 day period set out in the Fixed Penalty Notice.

    How to pay your fine

  • Sometimes, those who are served with a Fixed Penalty Notice agree that they committed an offence, but are concerned with the way that they were treated. Dudley Council has a complaints procedure in place to deal with these matters. The first step of the complaint process is to complain (in writing) to us.

    • Waste Care, Lister Road Depot, Lister Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 8JW

    Every complaint will be investigated on the basis of the information and evidence provided by the appellant and by interviewing the person who issued the Notice.

    If this doesn't resolve the complaint, there is a formal complaints procedure.