Skip to main content

If your pet has gone missing there are a number of things you can do to help find them.

If your pet has wandered off, there are various methods you could try in order to find them:

  • Contact the council using the details at the bottom of the page, police and animal authorities. These are most likely to be contacted if your pet is reported as a stray or is involved in an accident.
  • Contact your local vets.
  • Contact local animal charities and rescue centres.
  • Let your immediate neighbours know as soon as possible and ask them to look out for your pet.
  • Create and distribute flyers to with information about your pet, including their name, breed, physical description, a picture of them and your contact information. Including your name, and number.

You should also keep the following details to hand: your pets colour, age, temperament, and identification on the pet, such as any the collars and tags the pet may be wearing, the microchip details, and where the animal was lost.

Remember it is against the law for your cat or dog not to be microchipped. Microchipping will also make it much quicker for you to be reunited with your pet if they have been found.

Contact Us

For further information, please contact Dudley Council Plus.

Telephone: 0300 555 2345

Opening hours: 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The office is closed at weekends and on bank holidays.