All signs on the highway must be authorised by Dudley Council.
Traffic Regulation Order
Parking restrictions require a traffic regulation order and are installed to improve road safety and reduce congestion. In general terms the order making process requires a decision by the Planning and Transportation Regulatory Panel that the order is needed. At this time the order is advertised and people are given 21 days to object to its installation. At the end of this period a report is taken back to the Panel which details the objections and they determine whether or not to introduce it.
If they decide that the order should be introduced the required works (lining, signing etc) are implemented and then the order is “sealed”. Seven days later it can be enforced.
Requesting a new sign or road marking
To request new road signs and / or road markings you will need
- The intended location
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address
- A brief description as to why the signs / road markings are required
All requests for new signs and new road markings (not replacements) are dealt with by Traffic and Road Safety Section, please see the contact details below.
Requesting a replacement sign
To request a replacement sign use our Street Maintenance Report Form.
- Name Traffic and Road Safety
- Address Place Directorate, 4 Ednam Road, Dudley, West Midlands DY1 1HL
- Telephone 01384 814469
- Opening Hours Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.00 pm, Please note that the offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays