Skip to main content

We are responsible for road markings and signage on the highway and investigate complaints of damage or deterioration

Maintenance and replacement of existing markings and signs

We undertake the maintenance of markings and signs. Road markings and signs on our roads are an essential aid to assist in road safety, providing directions and other information.

New road markings and signage

Find out about requesting new road markings and signage.

Yellow and white lines

There are various types of yellow and white lines that are marked on the road or edge of the pavement/kerb. These indicate waiting restrictions or help road users by giving different types of information on lane use and direction.

Signs on the highways

We install signs on the highways to regulate traffic and to provide warnings to drivers of hazards ahead. The signs that may be used on the public highway are controlled by Government regulations, covering the designs of the signs, where they can be used and whether they must be illuminated.

We have the policy of removing unauthorised signs or other marks on the highway and those affixed to items of street furniture.

Street name plates

We are responsible for ensuring that street name plates are provided and fitted in suitable positions. In the case of a new development however, the developer is responsible for the erection of name plates to our specification.

Speed humps

We are responsible for the provision, installation and maintenance of speed control measures and all associated signage within the public highway, including investigation into complaints of damage.

Parking enforcement in Dudley

We undertake on-street parking enforcement of Traffic Regulation Orders. The police continue to enforce obstructive parking and moving traffic offences.

View existing Traffic Regulation Orders online

Parking restrictions require a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) and are installed to improve road safety and reduce congestion. You can see current Traffic Regulation Orders on our interactive map.

Cycle lanes and routes

A cycle lane is a marked space on the road to create a safer riding space for cyclists alongside the kerb.

Traffic consultation

Find out what consultations concerning traffic schemes have happened, are happening or are about to happen in the Dudley Borough.

Report a problem

If you have any concerns regarding road markings and signage or would like to report a problem, please contact us.