Skip to main content

Energy Bills rebate

More information on the £150 energy bills rebate

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

Our multi-disciplinary service supports adults with disabilities and their carers to live independent, happy and fulfilling lives.

We provide prevention services to help you stay well and remain independent, safeguarding for the most vulnerable, and want ensure everyone has a positive experience of care and support through the delivery of personalised services. 

We provide ongoing co-ordination and social work support to people with learning and/or physical disabilities, sensory impairment, acquired brain injury, autism, older people with complex needs and individuals with a level of complexity to their needs that require specialist interventions.

What support is available?

Social Care Services

For adults aged 18 and over with a diagnosed disability or autism.

Staying independent

We have a number of prevention services to help you remain full independent for as long as possible. 


We have support for individual's in the borough with Autism or Asperger syndrome. For local and national support and information view Autism

Dudley Brain Injury Service

Dudley Brain Injury Service provides support and information to people with brain injury, their family and carers.

The service is available to people who are registered with a Dudley GP and are aged between 16 and 64 years.

Dudley Telecare Services

Telecare represents the whole range of ‘assistive technology’ products, which include all sorts of alarm systems. The products provide support to people in their own homes, through their link to our Dudley telecare service.

Transitions services - preparing for adulthood

For young people from 14 years old who have complex needs and disabilities to support them on their transition from children’s to adult services.  View Transitions.

Support centres

Queens Cross Network

An 'extended family' - Queens Cross Network is our local support centre for adults with physical and/or sensory disabilities - including vision and deaf support services.

Unicorn Centre

The Unicorn Centre is a nationally recognised unique and specialist resource for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and complex health needs and is led by the Dudley Learning Disability Partnership Board.

The centre is fully accessible and has three sensory rooms equipped with the latest equipment including:

• heat and vibration controlled water beds
• fibre optic lighting
• bubble tubes
• soft mats

The centre is located near Stourbridge in the Dudley borough and therapeutic sessions and rooms are available for hire to individuals, professionals and service providers within and outside the borough. You can find out more information in our leaflet below or on the website.


An assessment helps us to understand and agree your needs to ensure we get the right decision about your care and support.  Every person using Dudley Disability Service will complete an assessment of need, which will decide if there will be a cost for the support provided. Many services are however provided free of charge.

Social Care Assessment

The Social Care Assessment is where we will sit down with you to discuss how you want to live your life and what care and support could help improve your situation.

Carers Assessment

A carers assessment is an opportunity for you to discuss with us your needs and feelings as a carer and the support or services you need to help you continue caring.

Learning Disability Partnership Board

The Learning Disability and Autism Partnership Board includes people from organisations including social services, police, voluntary sector, health, advocacy, housing and Connexions alongside individuals with learning disabilities/Autism and their family/carers.  Their aim is to focus on addressing inequalities for individuals with a disability and developing services to improve their quality of life.

You can also find useful publications on learning disabilities on the Mental Health website.

  • You can contact us via the Adult Access Team.

    Or email us:

  • We are committed to providing high quality, affordable services to you. There are times when we do things well and we would love to hear about them! There may also be times when things go wrong and you are left unhappy or dissatisfied.  Please help us to ensure we deliver the best quality services appropriate to your needs.

    Compliments, Comments, Complaints