Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Council News

View the latest edition of Your Borough, Your Home for news about services and events from Dudley Council. The newsletter also includes a four page section of housing news for tenants and leaseholders.

Back issues of Home Affairs can be viewed here.

Council properties Available Now

Housing services usually has a number of properties available on a first-come, first-served basis to suitable tenants. These properties are available in different locations across the borough and are usually flats but sometimes include houses and bungalows.

more on council properties "available now"

Universal Credit

The benefits system is changing and many benefits are being phased out and replaced by Universal Credit.

New build Council Homes

Since 2014, Dudley has been successful in the construction of new council homes.

Dudley's Big Switch

With gas and electricity prices more than doubling in less than seven years and with this trend set to continue, borough residents are urged to sign up to Dudley’s big switch and potentially save money on their energy bills.

Do you have a spare room?

Dudley Council is supporting the YMCA Open Door campaign to recruit families in the Dudley borough who can offer a temporary home to a young person in need. The temporary accommodation could be for a few nights or on a longer-term basis.

If you could provide support to a young person or would like more information call 0121 524 1957 or e-mail

Shared Lives care scheme

The Shared Lives Care Scheme is designed for adults who may have physical or mental health disabilities and need assistance to live a better quality of life. It is an alternative to residential care homes, and enables them to live independently but with a carefully matched family, couple or single person who tailor their care needs while helping them to develop life skills, such as friendships and roots in their community.

Dudley Housing's Big conversation

The Dudley Housing's Big Conversation road show took place during July 2017. Over 130 people visited our camper van diary room to record their views about where they live, and response to questions about what they liked best about their area and what they would change.