Submitting your application and paying fees online will make the registration and consultation process faster and more efficient.
The Planning Portal is the national website that allows you to submit an application online including: supporting documents, buy site location plans and pay the application fee using a credit or debit card.
Before starting an online application, you will need...
- to register at the Planning Portal, this is free of charge.
- have the full details of the application including the volumes, materials etc
- a credit or debit card if you wish to pay the application fee online
- if you want to attach drawings (e.g. CAD) to your application, make sure they are converted to PDF first, this helps us with printing and publishing online
Please note: The Planning Portal is an external site and so Dudley Council cannot accept any responsibility or ownership for its content.
There are four steps to apply by post:
- download your form. You can access and download the Dudley Council application forms from the Planning Portal e-forms cabinet. We require only the original form for most applications; we will ask you for more if required.
- a site location plan at 1:1250 scale with the site shown edged in red. If you want to buy a plan you can make use of the links provided by the Planning Portal.
- the fee: cheque is the most popular way to pay the fee (made out to Dudley Council) but we also accept telephone payments.
- post your application and plans to us for checking and consideration, please retain a copy for your records.
Incomplete applications can't start to be considered, costing both parties time.