Are you one of the amazing volunteers who lead a scout, guide, cub, ranger group? Basically any group of children, young adults in uniform!
An interactive tour around the site where children will be guided around the Cone looking for clues about it's past.
Glass Kiln Fusing
Participants will work in our fusing studio. They will design on paper and then decorate a glass tile; using frit, stringers and pre-cut pieces of coloured glass.
Hot glass blowing demonstration
There is an additional charge of £50 for a hot glass blowing demonstration.
Our glass blower will demonstrate some of the properties of hot glass whilst making a piece of studio ware.
The total cost is £200 for up to 32 participants.
Small groups (10-15 participants) £6 per participant with an additional £50 charge per group for a glass blowing demonstration.
Accompanying adults are free of charge.
How to pay:
Payment can be made by cheque on the day; we are able to provide you with a till receipt.
Once your booking has been confirmed, one of the friendly booking team will email you with the cost, how to pay details, schedule of your experience and information to help your visit run smoothly.
We have included Risk assessments at the bottom of this page. It is intended to support your own risk assessment as required by your organisation.
Entrance to the Museum is free. If you wish to meet a member of the education team during the week to discuss in more detail any aspect of your visit please contact us in advance.
Whatever your requirements we will do our best to meet them.
For further details and to discuss any requirements please call our Education Bookings Team on 01384 815571
Coaches may set down and pick up directly outside the Cone entrance.
There is a gift shop selling a variety of goods; our marbles are particularly popular with pupils! If you intend to allow pupils to purchase items, please bring them into the shop in small groups during your afternoon activities.
There is a small, independent coffee shop for that well deserved latte. Cash payments only.
Terms & Conditions
- Group sizes. A minimum group size charge will be applied to all bookings of 12 or below.
- Changes and Cancellations. Please tell us as soon as possible if you wish to alter or cancel your booking. If you booking is cancelled less than two weeks before your visit then you will be charged 50%. If you booking is cancelled less than one week before your visit you would be charged 100%.
- Refunds. We ask for payment on the day of your visit meaning you pay for the number attending on the day. Therefore refunds should not be necessary.
- Late arrivals. If you are running late please phone ahead and let us know (01384 812381) we will always do our best to adjust timings.
- Personal belongings. We cannot accept responsibility for valuables or belongings.