The new Dudley Local Plan
Dudley Council is preparing a new Local Plan which will set out how the borough will grow and regenerate by 2041. The new Dudley Local Plan will replace the current Development Plan Documents following its adoption. To find out more, visit the Dudley Local Plan webpage.
Details of our existing Development Documents are below.
Development plan documents
The existing Development (Local) Plan for Dudley is made up of the following documents:
Supplementary planning documents (SPD)
The Council has adopted a range of supplementary planning documents. They provide additional guidance on the application of policies within the development plan.
- Access for All SPD
- Blackbrook Valley area Local Development Order
- Black Country Air Quality Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Design for Community Safety SPG
- Dudley Area Development Framework
- Design in Brierley Hill Town Centre SPD
- Glass Quarter SPD
- Historic Environment SPD
- Nature Conservation SPD
- Residential Guide SPD (formerly New Housing Development SPD)
- Open Space, Sport and Recreation SPD
- Parking Standards SPD
- Planning for Health SPD
- Planning Obligations SPD
- Renewable Energy Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
- Shopfront and Advertisement Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
Dudley Local Development Scheme
Dudley's Local Development Scheme was updated in July 2023 and can be viewed at Dudley Council's Local Development Scheme (LDS), setting out the timetable for the Dudley Local Plan 2041 and other planning policy documents.
The Black Country Plan
Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and City of Wolverhampton councils are no longer proceeding with the Black Country plan. We have issued a joint statement.
All documents associated with the - Black Country Plan are available by following the link.
There are no made Neighbourhood Development Plans in the borough and none are currently being prepared. Please contact the Planning Policy Team if you are interested in preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan.
Further documents to support the plans above are:
- Local Plan Evidence
- Dudley Council’s policy for consultation on preparing policies and for planning applications is available to view in the ‘Statement of Community Involvement’.
- The performance of the policies in the Development Plan is regularly monitored and reported in the ‘Authority’s Monitoring Report’.
- Further information to support the policies is available in the ‘Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment’, and ‘Parks and Green Space Strategy’.