Skip to main content

What to do if you disagree with a decision regarding Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction award:

Please contact us within a calendar month of receiving the decision or a new bill, by completing the online form below. We may still be able to look at your request even if it is outside of a calendar month as late appeals can be accepted under certain circumstances.

Your options

  • Ask for an explanation of our decision (Statement of Reasons)
  • Ask us to look at your claim again, we will revise the decision if we think it is wrong.
  • For Housing Benefit claims only: If we are unable to change the decision, we can forward your papers to the HM Courts and Tribunal Service which is an agency wholly independent of the Council. Please note this process can take a long time.    

Any evidence required in support of your application can be uploaded at the same time you complete the form, or, emailed to us at

Emailing can be done via a smartphone, by taking a clear photograph of the evidence, or if you have a scanner, scan the evidence and email it. The evidence checklist at the end of your completed application will provide you with the details we require. However, there may be certain instances where we require original documentation, if this is requested, please post this to us. An extension on the timescales may be allowed in these circumstances.

Please complete the form below ticking the relevant option.

If you think Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction should be paid from an earlier date please complete the form below

Contact Us

For further information, please contact Dudley Council Plus.

Telephone: 0300 555 2345

Opening hours: 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
The office is closed at weekends and on bank holidays.