Skip to main content

Make an application for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

Who can apply?

Dudley borough is a full service Universal credit area. That means that most working age customers will need to make a claim for their housing costs through Universal credit. 

Check for eligibility

If you are not able to claim Universal credit you may be able to make an application for Housing Benefit if you live in the Dudley Borough, pay rent and you:

  • are a pensioner living alone or you are a couple, and you are both pensionable age
  • live in supported accommodation
  • live in temporary accommodation

You may be able to claim if you meet the criteria for a disability premium. Please telephone for more information.

All borough residents can, in addition, apply for Council Tax Reduction if you:

If you think you may be entitled to apply for Housing and/or Council Tax Reduction, you can check to see if you qualify by using the Benefits calculator before making a claim.

If you think you are eligible then please apply as soon as possible, if you delay, you may lose out on benefit.

How to apply?

There are a number of easy ways to help you to make a claim. You can apply in any of the following ways:

Over the telephone with one of our Benefit Advisors

If you would like to apply over the telephone, please contact Benefits Services on 0300 555 8100.