What is it?
This is an arrangement agreed between Dudley MBC and HM Customs and Excise and allows pupils or parents to purchase musical instruments without the imposition of 20% VAT subject to certain conditions.
What are the conditions?
- The pupil must be receiving regular tuition from Dudley Music Services.
- The pupils must attend a Dudley LEA school,
- The item must be taken to school at least once a week and used as part of the school curriculum.
- The item must be capable of being carried to and from school by the pupil and must not be left permanently at home or at school.
- The item may be new or second-hand but must be handed over to the pupil in a classroom environment.
- The item should be appropriate to the proficiency and ability of the pupil.
How does the scheme operate?
- Parents should discuss with their child and the DMS Tutor the needs and the general type of instrument required. Neither DMS nor any member of staff will recommend a particular retailer.
- YOU MUST take the form with you when you visit the retailers.
- Agree with the chosen retailer a price for the item (inclusive of VAT).
- The retailer should complete the Retailer part of the form
- You should then complete the Parents part of the form and send this together with the payment (shown in the Total Amount box) to Dudley Music Services.
- DMS will order the instrument from your chosen retailer and arrange delivery to your child at the soonest available lesson in school.
For application forms please contact Dudley Performing Arts on 01384 813865