Information relating to moving house during the application process, and children living at more than one address.
Children Living at more than one address
- Where a child lives with each of their parents at separate addresses, the address used for allocating a school place will be the one where the child spends (i.e. sleeps) the majority of the school week.
- If the child spends exactly equal amounts of time at the two addresses you will be asked to nominate which address you wish to be the child's main address for school admission purposes. Should you fail to do so by the published closing date we have the right to nominate the address that is considered appropriate.
- In the case of disputes between parents, there is an expectation that parents will resolve these amongst themselves and make a single application which both parents are in agreement with.
Moving house when applying
- If you are moving into Dudley or moving within the borough, you must provide proof of your new address by 19 February 2022. If the admissions service does not receive sufficient proof by this date, your original address will be used for admission purposes.
- If the move is related to a purchase, proof should be in the form of a letter from your solicitor confirming the exchange of contracts and completion date. For a rental, proof should be a copy of a rental agreement for at least six months, signed by both the tenant and the landlord.
- If your move involves you returning to a property that you already own, you will need to provide appropriate written evidence of the date that you will resume living in the property and that you intend to remain living there for the foreseeable future. If you have rented this property out please provide evidence that you have given your tenants notice to leave.
Please note that unless the written evidence provided proves, to the satisfaction of the Authority, that you have moved or will move to the address that you have indicated, we will not be able to consider your application from your new address.