Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Residential and nursing care homes

If you are in need of a little extra assistance you may be eligible for support to live in your own home, or social care support through a residential or nursing home.

To apply for care assistance in your home, residential or nursing care home you will need to have completed a social care assessment of need via the Social Care Access Team.   

Request an Assessment

If a move into a residential care home is required we will arrange for a financial assessment to take place. This will establish if we can help with the care home fees. For more information visit choosing and paying for care.

Choosing a Residential or Care Home

Residential homes and nursing care homes (care homes that provide nursing care) provide live in care to members of the community.  All care homes must be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

Care home providers are required to provide a 'Statement of Purpose, featuring key information about the fees and terms of a person’s proposed stay. They should also provide their most recent inspection report and a copy of their complaints procedure.

Approved Care Homes

Below is a list of Dudley Council approved care homes. The council will fund placements for these homes.

Large Font

The list includes homes outside the Dudley Borough such as Sandwell, Staffordshire, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire. You may wish to consider these homes in addition to the Dudley borough.

As homes vary considerably you should contact those you are interested in to see if they are suitable for your needs.

If you wish to look at homes that do not have a contract with the Dudley Council you can visit the Dudley Community Information Directory or the CQC website.

Our partners, Safe and Settled, can assist you with the process of looking for a home. Alternatively there is independent information available from Independent Age, Age UK England and NHS Choices.

Paying For Care

You can request an assessment of social care needs by contacting our Access Team. If moving into a residential or care home is required, we will arrange for a financial assessment to establish whether we can help with funding or if self-funding is needed. Find more information on paying for care. 

Report a Care Home

If you have experienced poor care, or poor care is being provided to someone you know, you can report it anonymously to Care Quality Commission. The information you provide helps identify if a service is no longer providing care that meets minimum standards and action must be taken.

You can also find inspection reports on the Care Quality Commission's website if you are looking for a home.

To report poor care or see previous inspection reports of a home, visit the Care Quality Commission website. 

  • For further information or to request a social care assessment please contact the Access Team.