Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Asbestos in Domestic Premises

The Council can advise homeowners on the detection and safe removal of low-risk asbestos from houses, sheds and garages. Homeowners have a legal responsibility to ensure that any asbestos in houses is safe.

If you have asbestos in your home or property

  • Always seek specialist advice:

  • Consult the building owner or your landlord – they may already know exactly where it is and what needs (or does not need) to be done.

if you are not satisfied with what you have been told, please contact us using the details below.

How do I contact a contractor?

You may employ a contractor to remove any asbestos, but you must ensure that they are 'approved' by the Health and Safety Executive to undertake these works. If you are unsure the contractor is competent contact the HSE on 0121 607 6200. Please note that the Council does not hold this information.

What do I do if I'm no happy with the contractor I employ?

If you are not happy with their work or method of work, you should complain directly to the Health and Safety Executive on:

0121 607 6200.

Please note the Council does not enforce health and safety legislation on persons working at domestic premises.

Useful Links

External Links

Contact Details

  • Name Private Sector Housing Services
  • Address 17 St. James's Road, Dudley, WEST MIDLANDS, DY1 1JG
  • Telephone 0300 555 2345