Skip to main content
Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

Hazardous Substances and Pollution Control

Every year exposure to hazardous substances at work affects the health of many thousands of people.

Common examples include:

  • Lung disease (e.g. through working in dusty conditions),
  • Skin irritation,
  • Dermatitis or skin cancer (e.g. from frequent contact with oils or corrosive liquids),
  • The development of other occupational cancers (e.g. from exposure to toxic fumes),
  • Occupational asthma (e.g. from sensitisation to isocyanates in paints or adhesives).

The high costs of ill-health arise from a number of causes, including loss of earnings, loss of productivity, prosecution and civil action, among others.

For further advice and guidance please contact us.

  • Environmental Safety and Health
    People Directorate, 3-5 St James's Road, Dudley, DY1 1HZ
    Telephone 0300 555 2345
    Opening Hours Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.00 pm, Please note that the offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays
    General Advice and Complaints Form