Skip to main content

Excessive noise can make life a misery. Noisy neighbours, noise from industry or construction sites and barking dogs are just some of the problems that can be experienced. Everyone has a different tolerance to noise.

What we have to remember is that no house or flat is totally sound proof, everybody must expect some noise from their neighbours and we are all affected by noise from our neighbours from time to time.

How can I deal with noise problems?

Talk about it  Although it may sound obvious, simply talking to your neighbours may resolve the problem. Most people are unaware that they are causing a nuisance and if you don't tell them, who will?

Talk to us  If you feel you can't approach your neighbours or if there is still a problem talk to us using our

Noise Advice and Complaints Form

Taking your own action  If you have been disturbed by noise and have been unable to resolve the problem, either informally or through the noise team, then you may want to take further action. If you want to take your own action through the courts you can. If the noise is persistent it might be a good idea to keep a log of the disturbances.