For your safety all taxis and private hire vehicles licensed by Dudley Council must be properly insured, pass regular checks for road worthiness and drivers must meet stringent standards.
All our licensed drivers are expected to behave in a courteous manner, so please treat drivers with the same courtesy.
To ensure your journey home is a safe one and to help you identify legitimate taxi vehicles and drivers licensed to operate by Dudley MBC, please read the following:
Private hire vehicles identification
- Must be pre booked
- Display blue door sign on front doors, roof sign and rear licence plate number
- Check driver is wearing licence identity photo badge
- Must contain built-in roof sign, display council door badge near to door handles and rear licence plate number
- Check drivers licence identity photo badge
- Check meter is switched on and price quoted does not exceed meter charge
Be 'taxi aware' by following these simple rules
- Only use a licensed taxi or pre-booked private hire vehicle
- Wait for it to arrive: Never get into a vehicle other than the one you have booked or a Hackney carriage you have hailed in the street or at a taxi rank
- Always check their badge: Confirm the driver is licensed and that they have a badge
- Enter only when sure: If you have any doubts, don’t get in and order another vehicle
Getting into an unlicensed taxi could be extremely dangerous and you could be putting yourself at risk.