Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Street Trading & Collection

Car boot sales

A car boot sale is an outdoor sale where people sell unwanted possessions, usually from the boots of their cars. If you would like to hold a car boot sale in Dudley, you must apply for permission from us.

Consumer credit licence

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 requires most businesses that offer goods or services on credit or lend money to consumers to be licensed by the OFT. Trading without a licensing arrangement is a criminal offence and can result in a fine and/or imprisonment.

More information can be found on the Office of Fair Trading Website.

House to house permit

A permit is required principally for door to door charitable collections, either made with collecting tins or by returning to collect a previously posted envelope. It will also cover collections of money made on a "pub crawl" and for example collections of tin foods for redistribution or "jumble" for charity sales.

Market trader

Scrap metal dealers

In order to run a scrap metal business you must be licensed by the council.  Find out about scrap metal dealers.

Street collection permits

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you may need a street collection permit from us.

Street traders consent

A Street Trading Consent is required for anyone who is proposing to offer goods for sale from a permanent venue.

Your Personal Data

The information you provide to the Licensing department is processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information on personal data collection.

  • Licensing Team, Unit 1, Hurst Business Park, Narrow Boat Way, Brierley Hill, DY5 1UF

    Contact - Street trading and collection

    Telephone: 01384 815101 or 01384 815377

  • The office is open from 8.00am to 4.00pm daily. Applicants are seen by appointment only.

    Please note offices are closed at weekends and Bank Holidays.

    Disabled users of our service, please note that if possible could you contact us to make an appointment before visiting our offices, to enable us to meet your needs.