Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

Dudley Council the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Do you look after someone?

Report a safeguarding concern

Safeguarding is about protecting children, young people and adults at risk from abuse or neglect. Abuse is not normal and never ok. Being abused means a person is being deliberately hurt by someone else. If you are concerned about a child, young person or adult report it to Dudley Safeguarding.

:: report it


Do you look after someone?

A carer is someone who looks after a relative, neighbour or friend of any age who has a long term illness, disability or is older and frail. See the information below and on the following link for more information about how we support carers of adults in Dudley.

:: find out more about carers


Services for carers from Dudley Council

A lot of support for carers is provided in the form of support for the person you care for. This can range from advice and equipment through to longer term support. People who meet our criteria for longer term support can now have a personal budget to give more choice in how to arrange that care.

:: find out more about services for carers from dudley council

Services for carers from other organisations

There are a large number of carers groups across the Borough as well as other groups which are not carer specific but which welcome carers. Some of them have group meetings, others organise social events, some are based around a particular interest.

:: find out more about services for carers from other organisations


Young carers

A young carer is a child or young person under the age of 18 who has responsibility for a relative who has a long term illness or disability or is older and frail. The caring role may be physical, emotional or both. The following link provides guidance for young carers and professionals.

:: find out more about young carers

Care Act - implications for carers

From the 1st April 2015, the Care Act will place new duties on local authorities in the way it provides care and support to adults who have a long term illness, disability or is old and frail; their carers and families. the link below provides further information and signposting to external information sources.

:: find out more about the care act and implications for carers


Carers' assessment

From the 6th April 2015, local authorities across England must ensure that carers who have an appearance of need for support are offered a carers’ assessment. A carers’ assessment is an opportunity for you to discuss with the council your needs and feelings as a carer and what support or services you need to help you continue caring.

:: find out more about the carers' assessment

Respite and short breaks

We can provide support to enable people to take a break or have a holiday. In many cases the support is provided to enable a carer to have a break from caring. Breaks can range from a few hours to overnight and residential stays depending on need.

:: find out more about respite and short breaks


Carers online training

Whether you are a carer, work with carers or are just interested in finding out more (or all three) these are the courses for you. You can find out about carers rights, support available and lots more useful information. You can also test your knowledge and receive a certificate.

:: find out more about carer aware online training

:: find out more about young carer aware online training

Information for carers

We give signposting advice and information to carers by phone or email. Telephone the access team on 0300 555 0055. Currently this service is offered Monday - Friday between normal office hours or email Access to Adult Social Care. See the link below for further information.

:: find out more about information for carers