Skip to main content

If you are disabled and need to make changes to your privately owned or rented home we may be able to help you with a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG).

DFGs are administered by our Home Improvement Services. Some may require a mandatory financial assessment but 100% grants are available up to a maximum of £30,000 per purpose, where applicable. DFGs are available following an assessment and recommendation by an Occupational Therapist, via Access to Adult Social Care.

Help is available throughout the process but work cannot start before the grant is approved.

Our Independent Living brochure below also gives detailed information on the full range of services available to help keep you safe, secure, happy, well and independent in your own home. It also includes how to return to independence after a period of illness or hospital stay.

Contact Us