Skip to main content

Energy Bills rebate

More information on the £150 energy bills rebate

Dudley Council
Dudley Skyline

Our aim is . . . 'To help and support vulnerable people to achieve a stable home environment, to inspire confidence, promote independence and to encourage them to improve their quality of life’

Please click on the links below to jump to the related section within the page. See related documents to the right for leaflets and further information.  

Are you a tenant or homeowner and need support to live independently?

These are some of the areas in which we may be able to help you:

  • Advocacy and communication, helping you to contact other agencies

  • Budgeting and managing finances and/or debts

  • Claiming welfare benefits

  • Safety and security of the home

  • Move-on aspirations

  • Setting up home and maintaining tenancy

  • Personal safety and risk

  • Mobility, aids and adaptations

  • Physical health and hygiene, including access to medical services

  • Emotional well being and mental health, including access to support/mental health services

  • Substance and/or alcohol misuse

  • Family, social and community contacts Social and leisure interests

  • Training and employment

  • Cultural and faith needs

  • Parenting skills and childcare

  • Practical home care

  • Developing a healthy lifestyle

To identify how we can help you, we will complete a comprehensive needs assessment together to recognise your individual support needs, and develop a support plan to deal with any issues or concerns raised. We may also contact and/or work with any other agencies you are in contact with; this includes social services, mental health agencies, probation, housing managers, and drug/substance misuse agencies, but can be anybody. You do not have to have an involvement with another agency to qualify for support.

We do not provide any kind of personal care (medication, bathing, cleaning, making meals, etc).

Who can receive our service?

Our current criteria require you to be:

  • At risk of losing your home.

  • Struggling to maintain your home.

  • Be considered vulnerable or disadvantaged in some way. If you are unsure, or want advice about this, please contact us to check.

  • Have short-term needs - you must be able to demonstrate that you will be able to gain or regain independent living. If you need, or demonstrate that you may require more long term, or intense support (for example, daily visits, evening/weekend visits) then we are not the most appropriate service, but may be able to help you identify one more suited to your needs.

  • Not be receiving support from another similar service.

All applications will be treated on an individual basis and considered according to the support needed.

Applications will not be refused on the grounds of:

  • age

  • disability

  • gender reassignment

  • marriage and civil partnership

  • pregnancy and maternity

  • race

  • religion or belief

  • sex

  • sexual orientation

The council has an equality policy statement providing our overall framework for meeting our commitment to advancing equality. We recognise the importance of tackling discrimination and advancing equality between different groups in the community, whilst also addressing the diverse needs of individuals. This can be viewed on the equality policy page.

Anyone with any needs can contact us to clarify the criteria and we will be happy to discuss if you qualify for an assessment. If you do not meet our criteria, we will try to suggest other ways you may be able to find the support you need.

How do I get support and what are the costs?

In order to be considered for Housing support please complete and return the referral form, which can be found in the related documents section of this page.

There are no costs to our clients.

Advice sessions

If you live in the Dudley borough and are having difficulty maintaining your home or tenancy you can now receive help which is free, impartial and totally confidential, by attending one of the drop in services, provided by housing support.

For more information see housing support advice sessions.

  • For more information please contact Dudley Council Plus.

  • Housing Support Team, Housing Services, Harbour Buildings, Waterfront West, Brierley Hill, DY5 1LN