Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

From 5 July 2017 Dudley became a full service Universal Credit area. This means that if you make a new claim for benefits or if you have a change in circumstances after this date you will be required to claim Universal Credit.

For more information contact your local Jobcentre or visit:

Universal Credit replaces the following benefits:

  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support

You should continue to apply for any other benefit separately.

Universal Credit is a different way to manage your benefits and payments:

  • Most people will claim Universal Credit online
  • Universal Credit will be paid directly into your bank account
  • You will receive one monthly payment for your whole household
  • Any help you get with your rent (previously called Housing Benefit) will be included in your payment of Universal Credit.
  • One of the biggest changes with Universal Credit is the way the Rent Element ofUniversal Credit is paid. If you qualify for help towards your rent this will be paid directly to you and you will need to pay your landlord (Dudley MBC) yourself.
  • In some circumstances the Rent Element of Universal Credit can be paid directly to your landlord. This can either be at the request of you or your landlord.

For further information about Universal Credit and about paying your rent please see recent issues of Home Affairs.

For information about other benefits administered by the Council including the Council Tax Reduction Scheme and Free School Meals please see the Benefits page.

Related Documents

External Links