Skip to main content

Council housing and Housing Associations

Moving home

Find out what to do if you want to move and swap with other tenants.

Buying your council home

Under the Right to Buy scheme you may be able to buy your home from Dudley Council.

Housing associations

We work in partnership with a number of housing associations, also known as Registered Providers, to help meet housing needs and to build sustainable communities across the borough.

Housing associations are independent and not for profit organisations that provide a range of affordable housing services which can include:

  • general needs housing for rent
  • housing for sale - including shared ownership
  • sheltered housing and Extra Care housing – mainly for older people
  • supported housing – for people with care and/or support needs
  • specialist housing – eg for young parents

They provide the majority of new affordable housing in the borough and are overseen by the Regulator of Social Housing.