As fuel bills continue to rise, we all need to focus on making sure we are not wasting money on our home energy, whilst keeping warm at home. As a council we are committed to helping our residents manage their fuel bills and keep warm and well.
Dudley Energy Advice Line offers information, advice and support, including:
• Understanding bills, tariffs and switching options
• Providing energy efficiency tips on a room-by-room basis to assist with trying to reduce usage
• Providing grants and accessing funding for insulation measures and replacement heating systems
• Checking residents are claiming and receiving all energy rebates and discounts that they are eligible for
• Offering debt and budgeting advice and practical support in finding solutions for fuel debt
• Providing crisis measures such as fuel vouchers, supermarket vouchers, heated blankets, temporary heating etc.
• Setting heating controls to improve efficiency
• Advising on the causes of condensation and how to alleviate it.
• Supporting residents in complaint processes to energy companies.
Our energy saving booklet offers lots of information and handy tips - you can download it below.
The link between ill health and fuel poverty has been clearly established. A cold indoor environment increases the incidence of ill health. We are committed to helping our residents achieve affordable warmth by highlighting grants and discount schemes and offering advice on energy efficiency.