Online Mapping Essential Maintenance

Please note that due to essential server maintenance, the 'In my area' / 'My Dudley' and all interactive 'GIS-MO' mapping applications will be unavailable on Monday December 17th. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Recently Viewed

Close Remove All

dudley metropolitan borough council header logo the historic capital of the Black Country
Dudley Skyline

Find out how to pay your rent, and what to do if you start to fall behind with your payments.

Making a payment

There are various methods of paying your rent, including the paying online, Direct Debit, Standing Order, telephone, or over the counter.
For more information please visit the payment methods page.

Problems paying your rent

If you are having problems paying your rent, the most important thing to do is to let us know as soon as possible.


If you are a tenant you can view and manage your housing rent, garage and home contents insurance on-line.

View Your Statements Online


If you are a Dudley Council tenant you can view your account online via eHousing. You will be able to see the balance on your account, along with current payment details, and full statements.

Universal Credit

If you claim Universal Credit you will be responsible for paying your own rent. If your rent changes, you are also responsible for notifying the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) of these changes.

Once you have applied for Universal Credit, the DWP will assess your personal and housing circumstances and review what help you are entitled to. A lump sum will be paid directly to you on a monthly basis, which you will then need to pay your rent to the council.

How to Request a Rent Refund

If you have overpaid your rent account or your account is in credit then you may be due a rent refund. Please use the following form to request a refund online.

Alternatively you can call us. If you pay by Direct Debit please contact the Housing Direct Debit Team on 01384 815024 who will review your account and raise a refund by BACS. If you pay by any other method, please contact The Income Team on 01384 811659 or 01384 815096

Tenant Feedback for Improvement Form

We welcome any suggestions and feedback to improve our payment and rent arrears service. Please take the time to complete the form below.

  • Dudley Council Plus 0300 555 2345