Dudley Council has a number of published Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans which describe the main features of special architectural and historic interest which contribute to the character and appearance of the borough’s Conservation Areas and justify their designation. They should be used alongside existing statutory planning policies, detailed guidance and site-specific development briefs to provide additional information for development proposals.
Conservation Area Character Appraisals and Management Plans have been produced for the following Conservation Areas in Dudley:
- Brierley Hill High Street Character Appraisal
- Castle Hill Character Appraisal (PDF)
- Delph 'Nine' Locks Character Appraisal
- Dudley Town Centre Character Appraisal (PDF)
- Dudley Town Centre Conservation Area Management Plan CAMP (PDF)
- Love Lane, Oldswinford Character Appraisal
- Stourbridge Branch Canal (Amblecote)
- Stourbridge Branch Canal (Canal Street)
- Stourbridge Sixteen Locks Character Appraisal
- Wordsley Hospital Character Appraisal
Draft Conservation Area Character Appraisals and Management Plans have also been prepared for the following three Conservation Areas, All Saints (Sedgley), Wollaston and Wordsley Church.